Friday, November 6, 2009

Colds Suck

Kylie's sick. My poor baby has a common cold, and it's the saddest thing I've ever seen. She's coughing, goes back and forth between stuffy and runny nose, and her eyes are red and watery. Of course this happens right after I stop nursing her.

Our doctors office is great, and has a website that explains a lot of common illnesses and symptoms. I looked up colds and they say to keep suctioning her nose, give her saline nose drops if needed, and baby tylenol if needed.

On a brighter note, Dan got a humidifier last night and it helped so much! She wasn't as stuffy, and only woke up 2 times in the night. Today, she seemed better! She was still watery eyed and stuffy, but not as extreme. Hopefully tonight the humidifier will work its magic and tomorrow she'll be close if not at 100%!

Update 11/12/09:
Her cold is almost gone!! All that is left is the runny nose - but it's not bad at all! I'm giving the humidifier all the credit. That thing was amazing from the first night it was hooked up. So glad to have my baby feeling better.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like Luella had the same thing a month or so ago. We went to the doctor and they said she might clear a bit but it could last 10 to 14 days (and it did). Baby's first cold is the saddest thing...

    -Kortney

    ReplyDelete