Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Catching Up

After a temporary hiatus from the blog, I am back with this post to update you all on what's going on with Team Byers! Dan's business season has kicked off to a fantastic start. Bikes, bike parts, and bike accessories - all.around.my.house. I'm happy for him that he's found a product that he's passionate about selling. It's fun seeing all the different brands and types that move through our home. I've learned A LOT about bicycles, and actually have a new respect for the sport/hobby since I took my very first road bike ride last week. Such a fun activity, and I now see why he goes out every weekend to get his long rides in.

We celebrated Dan's 27th birthday on March 4th, with a little dinner and some cake. Dan's parents came down to help us celebrate. We went to (the best Mexican food place in Boise) El Gallo Giro and they serenaded him with a fun song and put a big sombraro on him. I did take a picture with my Blackberry, however, my phone got some water damage before I was able to upload them. Sad day, because he looked so good/funny in it! So we came back to the house and had some deliciouse homemade chocolate cake that his mom made for him, and opened presents. He got loaded up with bike gear; gloves, helmet, shoes. And a Netflix subscription, which we are loving!!
As for me, life right now is pretty much getting ready for Kylie's 1st birthday party in a couple weeks and training for my first half marathon next weekend. Yes, I'm going to try to run 13.1 miles (in less than 2.5 hours). I'm signed up for the Famous Idaho Potato Marathon on May 15th, so be sure to check up after that for an update on how I finished!

And what has little Miss Kylie been up to these past months?!?!? Well, she's grown some hair! It's one of the days that I had been waiting for - to be able to put a bow in her hair. In these pics she has just enough to have a little spikey, but in the one's further down you'll see that it's getting longer!


And of course she's getting bigger! At her 9 month doctors appointment, she was 18 lbs 10 oz and 27 inches tall. And with any growth spurt, new clothes are needed. It was like one day they all fit, and the next she needed new clothes. So, we went to "her store" aka Gymboree and had a mini-spring-shopping spree. Here are a few pics in one of the outfits we got for her.
So this pic is funny because she had just been crying. But the second I pulled out the camera, she started smiling and posing for it!

Here she is reading one of her favorite books, Water Water Everywhere.


...and the sun hat comes out. Maybe I'm biased, but I think she's the cutest baby to ever wear a sunhat.

Yea, she definetly loves the camera - and knows how to work it too!


Yummy! Sunglasses (mom's/grandma's/any kind) are so fun to eat!

We also celebrated Kylie's first Easter. We had to have it indoors because the weather, unfortunately, wasn't very nice. She's not really a dress kind of girl, so we put her in this little one piece. Grandma Grove mailed over some new books and my brothers Easter basket from when we were little. She had a lot of fun playing with the eggs. Actually, she still has fun playing with the eggs. A few weeks ago, she discovered that you can crack them open - like Mommy does when she makes breakfast. She really thinks it's funny when she mixes the colors, so one half is green and the other is, oh let's say, hot pink. I give her a lot of credit because she already has the smarts to put the longer half with a shorter half. She is such a smarty pants, and I'm a proud Momma!
Some of her Easter presents prior to the hunt.

She liked following Mommy's points to where the eggs were hiding. She saw them, but didn't know what to do about them until I showed her how you put them in the basket.

After a while, she didn't need my help anymore.
Now it's time to play with them!

There's even more?!?!
Ok, time to check out my other presents. Pat the Bunny, Farm animals, and bubbles!

It's crazy how fast she can go from fussy to crying to happy in literally less than a minute.

She loves bubbles. This little bubble maker has 3 wands to chose from, and she really liked this pink one. Must have had the best feeling to chew?

No comments:

Post a Comment